Monday, February 23, 2009

Doing Well!

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog. I just wanted to say, now that I've been on my meds for a while, that I'm doing really well! We've had a rough couple of months and my depression has been in check for the most part. I've had my bad days that's for sure but overall I'm on the right track.

I hate taking the meds though. I have a hard time really doing it because I can't get over the fact that I HAVE to take them. How do I get over that? I guess I just need to remember that I'd be a mess without them and I so don't want to go back to that point ever again!!

I'm still amazed at how depression can cloud your mind and make it very bitter. I'm embarrassed and sad that I became so anti everything. I keep thinking about the whole religion thing. I seriously can't even believe how bad things got with that. It's amazing that after getting on my feet and doing what's right how things change. I do keep thinking about how I doubted the Lord and His love for me. I'm so sorry for those that I've hurt along the way. But please know that I DO know that the Lord loves me and I know He hears my prayers. I didn't realize how wonderful religion is in my life. I'm a believer. I no longer doubt. And it feels amazing.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. It's been a rough road but I'm glad for the experiences I've had. I hope it makes me a better person. And I hope that I in turn can help others who are suffering right along with me! Much love!

1 comment:

  1. First of all Tami, I went through the same things when I started taking meds but then someone told me something brilliant. What if you had diabetes or some other disease like it. Wouldn't you take your meds? Well, that is what this is like. It's a sickness that someday we will overcome but in the meantime thank the lord for drugs! Second of all. Satan uses depression as one of his greatest tools. Be so proud of yourself that you passed that test and you are the wiser for it. I love you and look up to you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete